Ugh. To be honest I’m not really liking, or more accurately; I’m not comfortable with the fact that cursing people or objects is becoming popular or more than that - a culture.
Like sure, I accept that it exists and that it is practiced, and sure, you’re entitled to it, but I just (personally) think there are more rational and less harmful ways to vent out your anger. I’m not trying to shame cursing by any means. I’m just uncomfortable with the idea that if I were to upset a practitioner by saying something unintentionally, or even y’know giving an honest opinion that may offend this said person, I’ll get injured or something bad will happen to me. Maybe I’m not informed enough about it?
I mean for me, venting my anger needs to be productive. If something or someone pisses me off, I go do something like drawing - slashing lines on paper, or cooking, even gardening etc, to get my mind off it. I don’t want to harm anyone though. If anything I do a cleansing ritual to get rid of all my own negativity, and any around me.
But in saying that, I do believe in Karma, and the threefold law, that if someone intentionally hurts or does a ‘bad’ thing, the negative force will return to them threefold. But it’s a universal law, I’m not intentionally sending that negativity to them.
Idk. As long as nobody gets hurt intentionally. But that defeats the purpose of cursing, right?
If anyone has a different opinion, please feel free to contribute. I’m not trying to anger anyone, I’m just giving my opinion (which I’m entitled to) and as I mentioned I’m not intentionally trying to shame cursing.
Posted on Monday, 25 March
Tagged as: Cursing Curses Honest Opinion Not curse shaming Paganism Pagan Pagan Culture I don't know
- goddessofnightmaresandpuppets reblogged this from yunofthefrost
- paganmisssyn likes this
- weatheredprince likes this
- yunofthefrost reblogged this from rosewillowsunshine
- hedenskulv likes this
- virtualsoapbox likes this
- paganmoxie likes this
- blazing-paradise likes this
- luingilfea likes this
- goddessofminorinconveniences reblogged this from asksecularwitch
- nodeer likes this
- lord-yggdrasill likes this
- bookofmirrors likes this
- cenera likes this
- teenylauren likes this
- fantastical-myriad-of-everything reblogged this from spinninglovestory and added:
- cousinnick reblogged this from asksecularwitch
- the-eloquent-punk reblogged this from cousinnick
- princemink likes this
- dragonmnae likes this
- keiyoshi likes this
- theraptorwhomurderedlove likes this
- storiesandconjure reblogged this from opencircle333
- opencircle333 likes this
- diary-of-demosthenes likes this
- vitriolistruth likes this
- leupstripes likes this
- twelfth-house-sun likes this
- spoony-monster likes this
- lovelyecho likes this
- varmafre likes this
- goddess29 reblogged this from varmafre
- toolegitforclit likes this
- adventuresinasatru reblogged this from asksecularwitch
- niamh-27 likes this
- spookchi likes this
- thesecretlifeofpyris likes this